THE FORT DU VIEUX CANTON IN VILLEY-SAINT-ETIENNE
Witness to a new generation of works, the defensive organization of the forest of Villey-Saint-Etienne presents the ultimate evolution of this fortification. This defense revolves around the Fort du Vieux Canton, the only modern fort on the Place de Toul, built in reinforced concrete. The forest of Villey-Saint-Etienne is a veritable conservatory of fortifications.
Patiently cleared of vegetation, the site now offers a pleasant walk on a marked and well-informed route. Panels and leaflets allow discovery at your leisure.
INDIVIDUAL GUIDED TOURS
- From March to November: the first Sunday of each month without reservation.
- Meet at 2 p.m. at the Fort du Vieux Canton - Signposted route at the entrance to the village
- Duration: approximately 2.5 hours
- Prices: Adults: €5 / -12 years old: free
GUIDED TOURS FOR GROUPS (minimum 10 people)
- all year by reservation
- discovery circuit (day) – 8 € per person
- discovery afternoon – 5 € per person