EGLISE DES CORDELIERS
The Church of the Cordeliers (Eglise de Cordeliers) is named after the Franciscan Order whose members wore a cord around their waist. It was built in the 15th century by order of Duke René II, following the Battle of Nancy of 1477. Lorraine’s Saint-Denis (burial place of some of France’s famous kings), in spite of incurring damage through the ages, it still has some remarkable tombs. The chapel, inspired by that of the Medici’s in Florence, is outstanding. It belongs to the Lorraine museum.